Home Health Nurse Job Description: Top Duties and Qualifications
A Home Health Nurse, or Home Health RN, is responsible for traveling to a patient’s home to administer their services and helping patients maintain their independence. Their duties include administering at-home IVs, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and updating Doctors about their patient’s health.
Home Health Nurse duties and responsibilities
Home Health Nurses provide a variety of tasks during patient visits depending on the specific plan of care and type of patient. They often have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assess and chart observations of the patient’s condition at each visit.
- Complete evaluation tasks, including reviewing medication and vital signs.
- Administer Physician-prescribed medication.
- Dress or redress wounds and assess the healing progress.
- Provide education to patients and families on proper home health care procedures and strategies.
- Coordinate with Physicians, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and other individuals in the patient’s care plan.
- Keep the patient comfortable through palliative care.
- Recommend tools or devices that may improve the quality of life for the patient.
Job Category: Field Nursing Home Health Nursing
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas Ft Worth Mesquite Quinlan Waxahatxhie